[Exim] My Exim successful story

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Hunte Swee
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] My Exim successful story
Hi all,

I wanna say: Exim is great!

Since my company is a insurance company, much information is confidential, so we must obey a lot of rules. Two years ago, we try and mdaemon, a all-in-one system running on M$ Windows, but its performace is very bad, so we abandand it soon. Next, we eveluate the qmail. Qmail is also a great mail system, espeical its performation and simplity, but it lack some management tool, e.g. queue managing tool, user pricision control, so eventually, we leave it alone.

Finally, we switched to Exim v4.20. Exim has so flexible configuration, gracefully meets our needs. Let give some more inforation about our installation.

We use exim as MTA, courirer-imap as POP3/IMAP service, perdition as POP3/IMAP proxy/redirector, LDAP as account storage. Upon them, we set up a distributed, shared one domain email system.

All branches has a NODE email system which handle its own user and forward non-local user's email to destination. All nodes construct a large distributed email system, because them use same domain. This is very like qmail-ldap cluster. At SMTP side, any internal user, connect to any smtp server, always could send email correctly. At POP3/IMAP side, any user connect to any POP3/IMAP server, could fetch their emails. This secret is perdition: perdition lookup the user's real POP3/IMAP server upon LDAP, then forward POP3/IMAP requests to the real server, and the real server return the data.

For inter-domain email exchange, we setup a mailhub. Duty of mailhub is to route email which send from intranet to other local domain, and to receive email from external into intranet(local domain).

Now, my email system, as mentioned above, is working very well.

Thanks, Exim. Thanks, Philip Hazel. Thanks, other many people.

Sorry for typo or grammer mistakes, my mother language is not english.