Re: [Exim] Exim migration

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: ketvin
A: Odhiambo Washington, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim migration
> > --
> > Dear list ,
> >
> > I have 2 box now, one is where the current exim engine sits on, another
> > is a more powerful box where i hope to migrate the exim engine to.
> >
> > Can i do things in simple way that i straight away tar all things on the

old
> > box and then copy it in the new box and untar it?
> >
> > Or if there is other more convenience way ? Is there any important thing
> > i have to look into if i am to do it in that way ?
> >

> 1. Download Exim tarball to the new box.
> 2. Copy your Local/Makefile from the old box to Local/Makefile of new box
> 3. compile exim on new box. If it compiles successfully, then you can
>
> 4. migrate your exim.conf to the new box.
> 5. tar up the other stuff, move them to new box, untar.
>
> There will be config changes reqd, unless new box takes even the IPs of

old
> box.
>
> 6. Send the old box by DHL to the address below!
>
> PO Box 10286, 00100
> NAirobi, KENYA.
>
> I am serious ;)
>

> -Wash

where would be my Local/Makefile ? what is the string that i should search ?
and by the way, I still have F-prot and Amavis + Spamassasin installed on
that box,
any extra things i have to look into ? thanks

hey man u really want that stupid old box ? haha

--

This mail is protected by Silicon Communications S/B

The information contained in this message maybe confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please delete this message immediately. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

~~~This email has been scanned by our anti-virus system. For precaution, please make sure you scan every attachment in this email. Please use at your own risk. Thank you. :) Mailadmin~~~