Re: [Exim] [OT]: HELO verification

Author: Phil White
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] [OT]: HELO verification
Hello Suresh. Tnx for reply.

On Tuesday 23 Sep 2003 4:44 am, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> > First, there have been MANY posts before about ACL header verification.
>
> See my HELO verification posts

I am assuming you refer to the thread started by William Thompson

Been there - Generally, we have been looking at incidences when we want to
refuse a HELO greeting. This ACL is all about allowing a specific helo when
verification would otherwise fail. William came up with one solution, but it
needs each exception to be hardcoded in the ACL. I'm suggesting something
more generic.

> and I think my config for this is C049
> in the config.samples tarball on ftp.exim.org

It is. But that only covers scenarios (1) & (4).

> You are on the right track is what I'd say.

yeah, right! ;-)
Getting there, but still havn't deduced why it appears to work whilst
debugging, yet does nothing in real life.

Will let you know how this pans out.

Cheers,

    Phil.