[Exim] router failover to different tcp port

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Vineet Kumar
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] router failover to different tcp port
--
Hello,

On my laptop, I generally relay mail through my mail server via auth
over tls. At certain sites, draconian firewalls don't allow me to make
outbound connections. At such sites, I am able to establish an ssh
tunnel to my mail server.

I set up a separate transport to deliver to localhost:2225. What I want
to do (but haven't been able to figure out) is how to attempt to use
localhost:2225, but if the connection is refused (the tunnel is down), then
try to make a regular smarthost delivery. I tried setting up a separate
router for it, but when connection is refused, the messages are deferred
rather than being passed. I don't want to use the tunnel all the time
since it's less convenient and slower.

I also tried using a single router with a route_list specifying local
host and my smart host, but I wasn't able to figure out how to make them
happen on different ports. I thought I could set up a separate router
for the tunnel and use a condition to use an external program to check
whether to use the tunnel or not, but I thought it would be better if I
could just do this as a failover-type setup instead.

I appreciate any suggestions you may have to offer.

good times,
Vineet
--
http://www.doorstop.net/