Re: [Exim] Exim command-line

Author: John Jetmore
To: Jason Dale
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim command-line
On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Jason Dale wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know how to send messages to recipinets on the
> command-line, but using amailfolder with messages in it already
> as the 'input' messages to use to send to someone else?
>
> Example: /var/spool/mail/sarah --> 'forward' this mail to another
> user, using the command line.

I have used http://www.jetmore.org/john/code/resend to do this. It
actually is desgined to take mail from a drop box and resend it from the
original sender to the origianl recipient (which will presumably be
handled differently than it was the first time). Should handle your needs
if you hard code the $to value.

This worked well for the purpose I wrote it for, but it's not strenuously
tested. Just scanning it it appears that it won't handle mail from empty
(<>) senders properly.

hope it helps,
--John