Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH

Author: Antony Gelberg
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] SMTP AUTH
Tamas TEVESZ wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Sep 2003, Antony Gelberg wrote:
>
>  > echo -n '\0bob\0Bob123'| mimencode
>             ^^   ^^

> these don't give you binary zeroes.

Ok, I got that from Section 35.3 in the manual. I'm not sure what you mean
by a "binary zero", isn't a binary zero... zero? :)

But that line is just for testing anyways. It also doesn't work when I do a
test outgoing email from Outlook Express.

Is the format of my /etc/exim/passwd okay? I've tried uncrypted passwords
(as above), and copying and pasting a crypted password from /etc/shadow also
doesn't work.

You might have guessed that I'm quite new to the intricasies of password
encryption, but I just need that last bit of help to get things working.