Re: [Exim] Can I Fwd & How Do I ?

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: Exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] Can I Fwd & How Do I ?
On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 07:31:34AM +1000, mpierce wrote:
> Using Debian sarge system on both a desktop server which connects to net
> and notebook on lan (192.168.1.x)

Just FYI: If this is no ARM machine you should be able to install the
exim4 packages from sid, now that glibc 2.3.2-7 is in sarge.

> Mail consists of exim, fetchmail, procmail, spamassassin, razor and dcc.
> Mail retrieval works perfectly on both machines.
>
> Unsuccessful tried to install courier-imap but lots of problems.

[...]
> Two systems are independent of each other but fairly well synced.

Running an IMAP server on the server sounds like the correct solution,
if you don't mind dumping "independent of each other". Installing
courier-imap really should not be a big problem.

> Can I modify my exim config file so that only the server will retrieve
> the mail and then forward a copy to the notebook (192.168.1.252) so I
> have absolute sync?

[...]

If there is just a single user on server and notebook using ~/.forward
is the easiest possibility.
                  cu andreas