Re: [Exim] acl to block sender HELO

Author: Jim Pazarena
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] acl to block sender HELO
Dominik Ruf wrote:

> * Jim Pazarena <exim@???> [2003-09-21 03:46]:
>
>> on a typical log line like so:
>>
>> 2003-09-19 05:49:02 H=(mailin-04.mx.aol.com) [68.115.146.58]
>> F=joe@???
>>
>> what would you use in an ACL to deny on the "mailin-04.mx.aol.com" ?
>>
>> It is my understanding that "senders" would be the F= line,
>

> $sender_address to be correct, I think.
>

>> but I cannot glean the keyword I need for the "H=" line.
>

> $sender_helo_name
>
> Recently there was some thread about this on the list, maybe
> http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20030901/thread.html#58944
>
> and e.g.
> http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20030901/058972.html
> could be of any help to you.
>
> Quick example:
>
> deny condition = ${if match {$sender_helo_name}{(mailin-04.mx.aol.com|\
> <other-helos-to-match>)}{yes}{no}}
>      message = rejected: I don't like your helo

> Or use "eq" instead of "match", if it should be equal.
>
> HTH, Dominik

I presently use the following to block joe@???:

    deny    message = quit spamming this server
            senders = joe@???

====
that's all I use to block the F=<joe@???>
====
so I was hoping that the ACL would be more simple than having
to create a "condition"

Is there such a simple ACL ?

BTW. You may see double posts from me, because I sent originally with
an incorrect user name (and the posts are being held by the moderator
because the email ad I used isn't subscribed to the list). Sorry