[Exim] Backup MX

Top Pagina
Auteur: Leonardo Boselli
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] Backup MX
I will have a backup mail controller that should work as backup mail
controller for other domain.
The problems are:
1. There will be about 20 domains to relay for
2. each of these domain will have two names ... (that is are 40 virtual
domains but only 20 real)
3. for SOME of these domain will be an additional rule: it must forward
ONLY throught eth0 , never throught eth1 unless rule 4, it must accept,
and retry until it deliver thought the right route, these try should be
ünlimited"[that is retry time is infinite, until delivered or manually
removed].
4. for some domains it can use a port differnt then eth0 ONLY if
delivering to the lower MX (usually this machine is the 3rd MX )
5. IF PRESENT A RECORD for the name of another host in /etc/hosts
it must use that one. That is ... if the DNS supply a MX and the
correspondent fqdn, subsequent address resolution follows resolver
rules Ithat is first hosts, then DNS or use the DNS) ???
7. for some domains it should use the MX of ANOTHER domain
[literally: for the "virtual"domains, it should be a way to address exim to
use the MX for the "real" domain. Since dns are handled by different
persons it would be nice. a rewriting of the header would be easy, but i
would prefer not to magle them ... in these case the other machine
would assume that the virtual domain is local ...
8. Another problem would be: For some virtual domain the relay would
be the ONLY mx. But it would relay to the "real" server. This copuld be
done by a direct address rputing, or by rewriting headers. Is there a
nicer way ?
6. I use exim 4.14 and that is the only machine with that version (all
others are 3.36)(not a question of compatibility, but a question of
experience)--
Leonardo Boselli
Nucleo Informatico e Telematico del Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile
Universita` di Firenze , V. S. Marta 3 - I-50139 Firenze
tel +39 0554796431 cell +39 3488605348 fax +39 055495333
http://www.dicea.unifi.it/~leo