Re: [Exim] exim smtp authentication

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Calum Mackay
Para: Axel Schmitjans
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] exim smtp authentication
This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.
--
Axel Schmitjans wrote:
> I would like to install exim on Debian 3.0 woody (Exim version 3.35 #1
> built 04-Mar-2002).

firstly, for a new installation you should really be looking at exim4
instead. I'm running exim4 on Debian sid; not sure if you can use the
packages on woody...

> Exim cannot send mail to gmx or hotmail, because it is not
> authenticated. What do I have to write to the exim-config-file?

Assuming you mean traditional SMTP authentication, you need to know:

o what type of AUTH you should be using; popular flavours are PLAIN &
CRAM-MD5.

o what your username and password should be.

If you have these, then it's trivial to setup exim4 to do this. Philip's
exim4 book covers it in great detail.

    http://www.uit.co.uk/exim-book/

cheers,
c.
--

[ smime.p7s of type application/x-pkcs7-signature deleted ]