Re: [Exim] W32.Swen@MM

Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
A: Alan J. Flavell, Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] W32.Swen@MM
At 0:54 +0100 2003/09/20, Alan J. Flavell wrote:
[...]
>But aside from that, our sender blacklist is collecting a whole new
>crop of senders of bogus virus alerts who aren't missing it, but who
>are taking wholly inappropriate action as a consequence. They get
>added to the Sobig/F crop...

do you mean that you take the senders from virus emails, etc.?
This would be insane, as these senders are "usually" forged. I had to
obliterate an account of mine as I started receiving stupid
anti-virus bounces in it. I thought that cancelling the account would
have helped those who use sender callout to reject those emails. I
you had used sender blacklisting you would have got an innocent one.
I only use blacklisting manually and for usernames that are "telling"
or whole domains that are clearly just source of junk (offers or
optin are an example of strings that appear in a lot of those).

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/