Re: [Exim] W32.Swen@MM

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] W32.Swen@MM
On Sat, 20 Sep 2003, Robert Kehl wrote in TOFU style:

> None, sorry. The usual .exe, isn't it? Blocked anyway.

Problem this time around seems to be that the dangerous stuff is quite
some way into the mail. Those who set their mail scan limit to 5k or
whatever for efficiency reasons are missing it. (As it happens, we
already set ours to 50k, but eventually I suppose we'll have to scan
the entire mail, even if it _is_ a couple of terabytes and takes
days to scan...)

But aside from that, our sender blacklist is collecting a whole new
crop of senders of bogus virus alerts who aren't missing it, but who
are taking wholly inappropriate action as a consequence. They get
added to the Sobig/F crop...