Re: [Exim] Exim 4.23 released

Author: Dennis Davis
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.23 released
>From: "Odhiambo G. Washington" <wash@???>
>To: exim-users@???
>Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.23 released
>Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 16:07:01 +0300
>
>* Philip Hazel <ph10@???> [20030916 12:58]: wrote:
>> I have just put Exim release 4.23 on the primary ftp site:
>>
>> ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/exim4/exim-4.23.tar.gz
>> ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/exim4/exim-4.23.tar.bz2
>
>Build fine on FreeBSD, with sa-exim-3.1.
>Applying the latest exiscan-acl patch fails while patching version.c.
>Test suspended till Tom returns ;)

When I tried the latest exiscan-acl patch on my OpenBSD test box,
nearly all the patches went in cleanly. I had rejections in the
following source files:

globals.c
globals.h
spool_in.c
version.c

However the rejections seemed easy to apply by hand. So I've now
got an exim that says:

ancho $ ./exim -bV
Exim version 4.23 #1 built 18-Sep-2003 15:16:57
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2003
Probably Berkeley DB version 1.8x (native mode)
Support for: iconv() Perl TCPwrappers OpenSSL
Authenticators: plaintext
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect
Transports: appendfile autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
Contains exiscan-acl patch revision 12 (c) Tom Kistner [http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan/]
Configuration file is /usr/exim/configure

The extremely limited testing I've done indicates it's running fine.
However I think I'll wait for the "official" version before going
into production use.