Re: [Exim] Suggestion: PHPBB

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Kevin W. Reed
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] Suggestion: PHPBB
Oren Levi said:

> Any chance of moving the mail list to a PHPBB like system ?
>
> Just a suggestion :)

For all the problems that Email presents... it is still one of the best
mediums for this type of info...

A mailing list is more accessible for delivery than a forum like PHPBB
which currently doesn't have an easy method to inject the messages into
with. However, as a user of phpbb and an administrator of several, I do
think it would be a good tool for creating a cookbook of solutions in.

I've been doing the same with my own while I was gearing up to use the
product. Everytime I saw some cool example of code, I would snip it and
add it to the Exim section. Later on it was very easy to find them there
than attempt to locate them from the archives which don't have much of a
search engine behind them.

I think it would be a good idea for that, but my system is not fast enough
to keep up with that type of load right now or I would open mine up for
use for that.

The other problem of using a forum with a mailing list is there is a lot
of junk messages that would need to be pruned to keep the forum efficient.
That could be done with moderation... but then you need to have time to
do that. If you didn't have a method of clearing it out, the forum would
become as cluttered as the mailing list archives and just as useful.

One thing that a forum does provide is subcategorization making it easier
to find things...

Exim Compiling
Exim General Configuration
Exim ACL Connect Samples