Re: [Exim] how to accept a regular expression on the entire …

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
New-Topics: RE: [Exim] how to accept a recipient address format that normal smtp servers reject before accepting the body/attachments (was: regular expression on the entire recipient address and not just "local_p
Subject: Re: [Exim] how to accept a regular expression on the entire recipient address and not just "local_parts"
On Thu, Sep 18, 2003 at 12:51:09PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Sep 2003, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> > > now I want to also allow address with a given prefix (e.g.
> > > "rrr") and then 3-10 hexadecimal character and no domain part.

> You cannot do that. All addresses handled by Exim have both a local part
> and a domain. For some ways of injecting messages (e.g. from the command
> line), you are allowed to specify a local part without a domain.
> However, Exim immediately adds @qualify_domain to such addresses at the
> time they are received.

Perhaps recipient_unqualified_hosts is of interest for the person
originally starting this thread.
                cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"