[Exim] Retry rules for manual routes

Página Inicial
Autor: Dennis Skinner
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Retry rules for manual routes
Hello all,

I have a quick question to make sure I am correct in my thinking. I am
using exim as a mail hub to pass mail on to the delivery server. The
delivery server seems to be having some momentary problems where it
hiccups on the network every now and then (and is fine again almost
immediately) causing exim to queue the mail for 15 mins according to the
retry rules.

To help stop the 15min queueing, I have added a retry rule for the
manualroute server. Here are the relavent parts of the config:

domainlist local_domains = @ : bluefrog.com

mail_to_server1:
driver = manualroute
domains = +local_domains
route_list = * server1.domain.com bydns
host_find_failed = freeze
transport = remote_smtp

server1.domain.com     *           F,3h,5m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,6h
*                    *           F,3h,15m; G,16h,1h,1.5; F,4d,6h

>From the exim docs on retry rules, it sounds like these settings should

cause server1's retry to be 5mins and 15 for everything else for the
first 3 hours.

If I do "exim -brt dskinner@???" it shows me the default retry,
so I assume the brt does not look at the routers. Will this retry rule
do what I want (ie if problem sending to server1, only wait 5mins before
trying again for messages to bluefrog.com)?

Thanks!

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator