Re: [Exim] Repost: Problems with accentuated chars

Author: Sven Fichtner
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Repost: Problems with accentuated chars
--
Greg,

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 08:07:47 +0200
"softwatch" <softwatchfr@???> wrote:
> I recently migrated my mail serveur from Exim 3 to Exim 4. Everything
> seems to work fine, except that *some* mails with accentuated chars
> seems to be"converted" and all the accents are changed to garbage. I
> don't have any rule to change the content of the messages (no spam
> detection or such), so I'm puzzled...
> Any idea on how I can investiguate this?

I'm pretty sure you sent the answer together with your question:
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

It looks like the same problem one of our customers had some weeks ago.
The Windows clients were configured to 7-bit only and every single mail
contained no german umlauts. They were converted by the mail client (ie.
ä-> a).

Regards,
Sven
--