[Exim] Dynamic .forward files : filtering

Author: Ian Mackey
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Dynamic .forward files : filtering
We are running on ye ancient version of Exim (I am building a Exim 4.2
relay master - nice!) - but it does use older, yet relatively unchanged,
filtering.

I would like to include into a users existing .forward file (if they use
one) a filter from a template "Exim Filter" file.
Problems:
* I cannot enforce a global filter as what is SPAM for one is Info. for
another.
* If user is away they can setup a vacation message and forced
inclusion would wipe-out their .forward file
* If a user already has a .forward file constructed as an Exim filter I do
not want to affect the current logic (if ... then ... elif, etc.)

Aside from the Unix cat'ting (or similar) in a startup script, is there
any way to incorporate a "master exim filter" into a users .forward file?
e.g. is there an "include" statement in the exim filter - I cannot see
explicitly "include" but is there an alternative?

--
Ian Mackey (Computer Officer) <iwm21>          University of Cambridge
Department of Physics