Re: [Exim] ISC.ORG Released patch for Bind-9.22 for Verisign…

Autor: Steve Thomas
A: Rossz Vamos-Wentworth
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] ISC.ORG Released patch for Bind-9.22 for Verisign mess
On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 04:21:43PM -0800, Rossz Vamos-Wentworth is rumored to have said:

> Now I have to learn how to upgrade from bind 8.2 to the 9.x series.
> Is any significant differences in the .conf file formats or can I
> just slap the latest version in and fire it up with my current
> settings?

IIRC, there are some significant changes. The most important of which is the "controls" directive. Make sure you read through the docs before you turn it on. If you have a separate box you can install and test it on, it'd be a good idea to do that.

--
"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems."
- Paul Erdos