Re: [Exim] FreeBSD 5.1 exim compile problem

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: Yann Golanski
CC: Simon Alman, exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] FreeBSD 5.1 exim compile problem
On (2003/09/17 16:18), Yann Golanski wrote:

> Simon, you're mad! But then again, I new that. Current is really to
> tinker with the latest unstable features of BSD. Hell, even 5-stable is
> unsuitable for production systems...

Put the crack-pipe down and step away slowly. :-)

There's no such thing as 5-STABLE. There's FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT; the 5.x
line hasn't been given the production nod yet, and you probably won't
see -STABLE until some time after 5.2-RELEASE.

I'm sure this had something to do with Exim...

> The best thing with BSD is to use ports for everything -- easy to
> upgrade, hassle free and generally it works(tm). So....

Oh yes, thanks for the punt. :-)

I won't be able to update the FreeBSD port to 4.23 or 4.24 for
4.9-RELEASE unless there's a proven show-stopper to be fixed.

The good news, though, is that we're hoping to get Tom Rhodes'
install-time MTA selection work merged in time for the release. Then,
when you add the the Exim package at install time, sysinstall magically
configures it as your base system MTA! :-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.