Re: [Exim] Problem with eximon under Linux

Autor: Tony Earnshaw
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Problem with eximon under Linux
Tim Jackson wrote:

> There's no problem with compiling, but does eximon not crash on you if you
> do what Jon said?

Tim,

Nope.

> Now he's pointed it out, I find it trivial to reproduce
> by just a shift-left click on the queue panel of eximon on a machine with
> an empty queue.

It's trivial to reproduce if it happens ;) With me it doesn't and never
has. What he also said, though, that his was a vanilla eximon.conf and
mine isn't. All those years ago I didn't like the sizes, so I changed
them. And it's always been the same since.

> Then again, it could be a difference between the X
> libraries in RH7.2 and 7.3.

What they gave me with 7.2 froze my machine up the whole time (on/off
button stuff). The kernel was useless, too, just to give you an example.
I compiled my own.

> For the record, I've seen it over at least the last 6 months, probably
> more, on a number of machines running "clean" versions of both RH7.2 and
> 7.3, in each instance with exim/eximon compiled on the actual machine in
> question.

I've changed so much on my machine that it's not really 7.2 any longer.
I used gcc3.0.4 to compile the above. I have self-compiled 3.3 now ...

> The RH7.3 machine with eximon 2.04 I'm trying it on now has XF86-libs
> 4.2.1 installed, if that helps. It also does it on a RH9 machine with
> eximon 2.03/XF86 libs 4.3.0.

This has self-compiled 4.2.0 XF86libs and the machine doesn't freeze any
more. 'strings' on eximon.bin says it's 2.04.

As I said, I just keep copying over my own eximon.conf to Local. I can
send you a 'diff -u exim_monitor/EDITME Local/eximon.conf', if you like,
but all I really did was change the size:

#MIN_HEIGHT=162
MIN_HEIGHT=530
#MIN_WIDTH=103
MIN_WIDTH=780

Best,

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw

Millom kaksar eg litet kann trivast, millom jamningar helst er eg nøgd

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni@???