Re: [Exim] Verisign pulls a fast one

Author: Chris Edwards
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Verisign pulls a fast one
Sorry if this has been discussed - I've missed some posts today.

What about a site who have a defunct DNSBL in their MTA config ?

Given an SMTP connect from a.b.c.d, they lookup d.c.b.a.relays.old-rbl.com
- a query which will now succeed, (returning 64.94.110.11), so all mail
may be blocked - aka "doing an osirusoft" :)

Infact, all it takes is for one of *our* DNSBLs to drop out of the tld for
some reason and we are screwed. A colleague (Hi Alan) suggests:

> if we know what value the RBL is supposed to return, we can
> just write e.g dnslist = rbl.example=127.1.0.2 in our recipes, that
> should do it. But that gets to be a drag when there are 31 possible
> return values... does it support e.g rbl.example=127.0.0.0/24

Is there any easy way to do this ?

--
Chris Edwards, Glasgow University Computing Service