RE: [Exim] Verisign pulls a fast one

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Andres L. Figari
To: 'Kevin W. Reed', exim-users
Betreff: RE: [Exim] Verisign pulls a fast one
How about these in the meantime:

www.Veriscrewed.com
www.Nsihorrorstories.com

Regards,

Andres L. Figari
Systems Administrator
Hostito, Inc.
http://www.hostito.com

toll free:    1-888-HOSTITO
    phone:    1-415-821-9477
      fax:    1-415-462-1801

-----Original Message-----
From: exim-users-admin@??? [mailto:exim-users-admin@exim.org] On
Behalf Of Kevin W. Reed
Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2003 1:41 AM
To: exim-users@???
Subject: Re: [Exim] Verisign pulls a fast one

Dan Shoop said:
> At 12:39 PM +0800 9/16/03, Louie Miranda wrote:
>>How can verisign do this? are they the owner of .net and .com

domains?.

> Pretty much so, yes.
>
> Let's hope ICANN goes to town on them. (doubtful)

I think that any other Registrar that is licensed to sell com and net
domains has a unfair trade claim against Verisign. It would not be the
first time they get slapped for doing something stupid.

I also would not be surprised to see a backlash against Verisign and
Verisign products. I'm waiting to see the first Boycott Verisign web
page.

I must admit though that I am certainly biased here... I've not liked
Verisign and NetworkSolutions for some time now.