Re: [Exim] Problem with eximon under Linux

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Problem with eximon under Linux
Hi Jon, on Tue, 16 Sep 2003 12:10:31 +0100 (BST) you wrote:

> I have a (probably naive) build of Exim 4.22, and in particular eximon,
> under RedHat Linux 7.1. The build uses the default (all commented-out)
> Local/eximon.conf and the default values of X11, XINCLUDE, XLFLAGS and
> X11_LD_LIB. eximon work fine, except that it quits with the message
>
> Error: Shell widget menu has zero width and/or height
>
> if you right-click in the bottom pane anywhere _other_ than on a
> message. This does not happen for a very similar build under Solaris.
> Does anyone recognize this?

Yes, interesting you should mention it: I've experienced it many times on
various versions of Exim self-built on RH7.3 but (strangely) have never
really thought of reporting it, not least because I'd never identified a
consistent situation when it happened. I suppose I just disregarded it my
mind as a "weird random crash", assuming it was something wrong with my X
libraries or something.

Perhaps Philip can shed some light on whether this is a bug in Eximon
and/or something that can be easily fixed/worked-around?

Tim