Re: [Exim] How to convert UTF8'ed Chinese to plain chinese?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Hunte Swee
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] How to convert UTF8'ed Chinese to plain chinese?
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Hunte Swee wrote:

> My question is how to convert UTF8'ed chinese chars to plain
> chinese(gb2312 charset) in exim?

Exim does not have comprehensive character set manipulation facilities.
This is because I feel that an MTA should concern itself with moving
messages about more than manipulating them.

> I use LDAP as central virtual user accounts data source. Every user
> can set a autoreply text, both english and chinese, which be stored in
> the LDAP. Actually, the chinese chars were stored as utf8, this cause
> a problem: when exim fetch the auto-reply text, it don't know convert
> the text from utf8 to chinese, so the sender will receive a unreadable
> chars.

If you want to do it that way, you will probably have to write a
separate program and use ${run. Or perhaps use ${perl.

However, to create messages that involve multiple character sets, it is
probably better not to use the autoreply transport at all. Instead, use
some external software that understands character sets and which can
create a properly formatted message with the appropriate character set
information.