Re: [Exim] Multi-condition ACL statement in a macro possible…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Pat Lashley
CC: Robert Kehl, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Multi-condition ACL statement in a macro possible?
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, Pat Lashley wrote:

> No, I'd expect the backslash at the end of the line to cause the line
> concatenation at the time when the macro is defined.

Yes, that is what happens.

> What I need is a way to expand the macro to multiple lines.

There is no way to do that. A macro reference replaces a part of a line.
It cannot turn one line into more than one line. Sorry, but that's the
way the macros are implemented.

> I know I can do it by having the macro expand to a .include statement;
> but I was hoping to avoid multuplying the number of included files.

What you could do, at the cost of some complication whenever you update
the configuration, is to use a Perl script (or whatever) to pre-process
a "source" configuration into the running configuration. Heck! That is
beginning to sound like what happened to Another MTA... and I thought I
could keep it all so simple...

Philip