[Exim] How to convert UTF8'ed Chinese to plain chinese?

Author: Hunte Swee
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] How to convert UTF8'ed Chinese to plain chinese?
Hi all,

My question is how to convert UTF8'ed chinese chars to plain chinese(gb2312 charset) in exim?

I use LDAP as central virtual user accounts data source. Every user can set a autoreply text, both english
and chinese, which be stored in the LDAP. Actually, the chinese chars were stored as utf8, this cause a problem: when exim fetch the auto-reply text, it don't know convert the text from utf8 to chinese, so the sender will receive a unreadable chars.

P.S. I know ICONV lib provide such functions.

Hunte
2003/09/15