Re: [Exim] Black lists

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tony Earnshaw
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Black lists
gARetH baBB wrote:

> I'm actually confused what this is about - my initial thought was that
> Suresh was upset at the topic of RBLs and my opinions about them, which
> would follow from the context of this mailing list and inparticular the
> subject of this thread.
>
> I've had to battle twice now with the mess up of spamcop and people
> (especially ISPs) who take spamcop, or any RBL seriously - I just regard
> RBLs as mostly bad implementations of a bad idea usually used by people
> who don't know what they're doing.
>
> Or has he some other agenda which from my point of view would be
> particulary offensive if it wasn't so pathetic.

Everybody in the free world is entitled to [his|her] own opinions and to
the right to express them. I've noted yours. Very many mail admins (2
MTA mailing lists) have the oposite opinion on DNSrbls to yours. I'm one
of those who uses and swears by a shortish list of entirely reliable
DNSrbls. Spamcop isn't on it.

I've been successfully combating spam for around 2 years and take it so
seriously that I read a couple of the more sane NANA
(news.admin-net.abuse) groups where Steve Linford of Spamhaus often
posts as well as people with your opinion. I also visit ORBS, easynet.nl
and other motivated sites.

You've probably had some nasty experience with Spamcop, many have. But
to say that all DNSrbls are useless because Spamcop would be like saying
all Internet MTAs are useless because MS Exchange or MailerDaemon are
useless.

Suresh's "*plonk" was probably due to the fact that he, like I, relies
on DNSrbls and has good experience with the best ones.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw

Millom kaksar eg litet kann trivast, millom jamningar helst er eg nøgd

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni@???