Re: [Exim] Black lists

Página Inicial
Autor: Alan J. Flavell
Para: Exim users list
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Black lists
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Joe Doehler wrote:

> When using such black lists, does the original sender get a notification of
> the rejection, or does this behavior need to be specified in the ACL?

There's nothing specific about use of blacklists in this regard: the
behaviour when an offering of mail is rejected at SMTP time depends on
when it is done - which phase of the SMTP dialog, I mean (that usually
means, in exim4 terms, that it depends on which ACL is doing the
rejection), not on the particular grounds that are used for the
rejection.

>From that point on, the offering MTA does whatever the offering MTA

does when sent a 5xx response at that phase of the SMTP dialog. For
well-behaved MTAs and genuine senders, there will indeed be a report
back to the unlucky sender, containing whatever message you included
on the "deny" in your configuration. Well, sometimes the message gets
chopped off after a certain number of bytes by the offering MTA, but
that isn't under your control - just make your report compact and
include the key facts in the first couple of lines if you want to
maximise the chance of the sender seeing them.

I'm not sure if that was really what you wanted to know...?

all the best