Re: [Exim] bogged down server.. config problem?..

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] bogged down server.. config problem?..
Steve Lazaridis wrote:

> hi, my server is bogged down with connection attempts from spammers..
> ive set up blacklist support.. in an ACL but that hasn't really solved the
> problem.

If you haven't already, set up a caching DNS server on the Exim machine
and have your resolv.conf point to it. Using RBLs (I use SpamAssassin
2.60, mine uses *a lot* of RBL lookups - though as many of these can be
cut out as one wants), even though I have a 56Kb modem connection, it
never bogs down the machine.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw

Millom kaksar eg litet kann trivast, millom jamningar helst er eg nøgd

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni@???