[Exim] localuser

Author: Thomas Kinghorn
To: Exim-Users (E-mail)
Subject: [Exim] localuser
Hi List.

I have been given a problem to deal with regarding local / virtual domains.

I did not setup the server, so troubleshooting it is causing me grief.

Basically, the owber of the server is offering pop3 accounts to various
domains.
The mail is working, see below

<snip>
2003-09-12 12:34:47 19xlGJ-0001GD-9k <= bouncedmail@???
H=prdmx01.oprah.com [63.240.143.201] P=esmtp S=1471
2003-09-12 12:34:49 19xlGJ-0001GD-9k => tansg03 <tania@???>
R=localuser T=local_delivery

but when I verify the user@domain, i get

[root@towerRounder exim]# /usr/sbin/exim -bt tania@???
kim@??? cannot be resolved at this time:
remote host address is the local host

Help please.

I would have seperated the virtual & local domains but the owner has them
all
as local domains, so the local_domains & relay_to_domains point to the same
file

domainlist local_domains = lsearch;/etc/exim/local_domains
domainlist relay_to_domains = lsearch;/etc/exim/local_domains

How do i correct this as all mail is local.

Regards,
Tom Kinghorn