Re: [Exim] Bad Authentication ACL, used for relay - 4.20

Autor: Wakko Warner
A: Chris Huff
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Bad Authentication ACL, used for relay - 4.20
> yes, my exim.passwd is in
> user:pass
> format.
> Ill try out the condition change you pointed out.
>
> 2003-09-10 00:29:10 19wwbN-0006Nb-Aq <= bask@??? H=(ibis) [218.70.137.131] P=asmtp A=auth_login:webmaster S=822
> 2003-09-10 00:29:12 19wlzb-0003RX-Qn => suite508@??? R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp H=mx2.hotmail.com [65.54.252.230]*
> 2003-09-10 00:29:12 19wlzb-0003RX-Qn Completed
> 2003-09-10 00:29:12 19wwbN-0006Nb-Aq => basket_33@??? R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp H=mx4.hotmail.com [65.54.253.230]
> 2003-09-10 00:29:12 19wwbN-0006Nb-Aq Completed
>
> I dont have a webmaster user setup.

Looks like they used an invalid username with a null password. Which your
authenticator is comparing a null password ($2) to a null lookup (lookup
found nothing so it returned nothing instead of failing)

I don't use auth at home and be interesting to setup a dummy auth and
lockout anyone who tries to auth on my server.

By the way, I'd personallly ban 163.com from my server (I think I already
did =)

This person would never have been able to connect to my server. I've banned
chinanet since they don't respond/kick off spammers. Plus the EHLO is not a
hostname and I'd kick them off with that one too =)

But that's just me

> Thanks very much!

NP.

Hangup and drive!