Re: [Exim] Possibly useful script?

Author: Alun
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Possibly useful script?
--
Tim Jackson (lists@???) said, in message
    <20030910114910.12b705e0.lists@???>:

> RPM* from the SRPM? The ability to use as an RPM isn't mutually exclusive
> with being able to compile it yourself...

Oh, I know that - we're running with an RPM built from SRPM here anyway.
The problem is I'd have to roll my own spec and patch files for each version
that came out. It's not just a matter of rpm -ba exim.spec - we need two
copies of exim with different compiled-in config locations. Every time an
upgrade came out I'd need to modify the spec file to rebuild it twice with
the different locations specified via different patch files. I'm not that
comfortable with messing with RPM spec files.

I'm not saying everyone should take this route, but I quite liked Philip's
suggestion of binary patching for my site, so thought I'd release the script
for anyone else who wanted to take the lazy route! I think it has enough
checking to do the job safely checks and means you just have to run it
after doing RPM -F exim-whatever.rpm

Cheers,
Alun.

--
Alun Jones                       auj@???
Systems Support,                 (01970) 62 2494