Re: [Exim] [Feature request] Logging in data-ACL without dum…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Andreas Metzler
CC: exim-users, 208782-forwarded
Subject: Re: [Exim] [Feature request] Logging in data-ACL without dumping full headers to reject.log
On Sat, 6 Sep 2003, Andreas Metzler wrote:

> Just for reference: I did not search _very_ long but I failed to come
> up with documentation for the fact that "warn log_message" writes to
> reject.log at all.

Correct. I think that writing to the reject log is a bug. The
documentation clearly says it writes to the main log. This is a screw-up
on my part. The patch for 4.22 that fixes it is:

*** exim-4.22/src/acl.c     Mon Aug 18 13:52:52 2003
--- acl.c    Tue Sep  9 15:00:48 2003
***************
*** 423,429 ****
      {
      int old_pool = store_pool;
      store_pool = POOL_PERM;                         /* Must persist */
!     log_write(0, LOG_MAIN|LOG_REJECT, "%s", text);
      logged = store_get(sizeof(string_item));
      logged->next = acl_warn_logged;
      acl_warn_logged = logged;
--- 423,429 ----
      {
      int old_pool = store_pool;
      store_pool = POOL_PERM;                         /* Must persist */
!     log_write(0, LOG_MAIN, "%s", text);
      logged = store_get(sizeof(string_item));
      logged->next = acl_warn_logged;
      acl_warn_logged = logged;

> [2] On a sidenote: warn log_message... without any any other conditions
> seems to be ignored, ie:
> warn log_message = size $message_size
> does not work but

It works for me (I have just tested it in a RCPT ACL).