Re: [Exim] Exim Newbie -- Help!!

Author: Yann Golanski
To: Mumtaj
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim Newbie -- Help!!
--
Quoth Mumtaj on Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 16:35:37 +0530
> This is pertaining to the relay problems I am facing. Messages from my
> server are continuously rejected by AOL. Need urgent help regarding this
> issue.

Some of us here would ask for consultant fees if it was that urgent! ;>

> My host_accept_relay entry looks like this:
>
>     host_accept_relay = +allow_address : lsearch;/etc/relayhosts :
> localhost

> What do "+allow_address" and ": localhost" entries mean?

RTFM. It's all explained in the manual at www.exim.org or with the
distribution in the docs directory.

> Also, want to know more about /etc/relayhosts file i.e generated
> automatically by antirelayd.

No idea what this is. Must be a local set up thing.

> If I want to allow relaying from certain domains on my server, am I
> supposed to make these entries in /etc/relayhosts file? These will be
> IPs or domain names in particular?

Yes, you need to tell Exim if allows then to relay or not. I'd use IP
but you can use leteral domains as well.

--
yann@???                  -=*=-                      www.kierun.org
    PGP:   009D 7287 C4A7 FD4F 1680  06E4 F751 7006 9DE2 6318