[Exim] Re[4]: errors_tell option? - PQN10630VCJ

Author: Christian Stuellenberg
To: Philip Hazel
CC: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re[4]: errors_tell option? - PQN10630VCJ

    >> The bounce message (that is delivered to the postmaster) should
    >> contain (as body) the header of the bounced message but not the
    >> body of the bounced message.

    Philip> I can't think of any current way of doing that other than
    Philip> (again) using a special transport, and using a transport
    Philip> filter to chop off the body of the original message.

So, I looked at deliver.c lines 5626ff. Seems so, as if it should be
easily possible instead of using only one message with an Bcc set to
the errors_copy addresses, to use an additional FILE *f2 (do we also
need another subprocess for that?) to construct another message for
the errors_copy addresses. What do you think about such an "hack"? I
do not know enough of the internals to be able to see the consequences
arising out of such an hack.

Maybe you find the errors_tell option usefull and would also like to
include it? The errors_tell option would safe a lot more of the
sender and recipients privacy on the surface (well if you copy each
mail, you can read every mail)...

Christian