[Exim] Hashing level 2.

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Guillermo Llenas
To: exim-users
Betreff: [Exim] Hashing level 2.

    Hi,

    I have 3 servers in production, all running sendmail with redhat
7.2. We received mail for over 500 domains.
 The procmail does delivery of all these domains in a NFS looking for
mbox of the following form:

    for example, if the spool directory is /export/mail, the spool
file for user pepe@??? would be
/export/mail/mydomain.com/p/e/pepe , this is using directories equal to
domain and the first letter and the second letter (if any). This is
hash-spool=2. We used it this way by a performance question, because
being so many domains, is more easy find an account in this way that
looking for the same account in a single direcotry (mydomain.com) with
thousands of accounts in the same one.

    I would like migrate to exim using mysql and using the NFS with
that same structure of /export/mail/domain/u/s/user, but I don't know
how specifying this in the configuration of exim.

local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
file = /export/mail/$domain/first_letter/second_letter/$local_part
(this is what I want to do)
create_directory

    Any help will be thanked for eternally :P

Thank you.

                Guille.