Re: [Exim] Exim 4.22 stability on FreeBSD?

Author: Christopher Allen [BigFatPipe.Net]
To: exim-users
CC: Avleen Vig
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.22 stability on FreeBSD?
On Sun, 7 Sep 2003, Oliver Eikemeier wrote:
> > I recall peopel mentioned problems compiling, amongst other things.
>
> Can you point us to the mail where this was discussed?

This issue was resolved in 4.22 (see doc/ChangeLog in the 4.22 tarball):

 1. Removed HAVE_ICONV=yes from OS/Makefile-FreeBSD, since it seems that
    iconv() is not standard in FreeBSD.

I seem to recall that it was only a problem starting with 4.21, but don't
quote me on that.

-CA

-- Christopher R. Allen ---- cra@??? --
-- "Education is a progressive discovery of our --
-- own ignorance." ---------------- Will Durant --