Re: [Exim] Where is the bug?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Joe Doehler
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Where is the bug?
On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Joe Doehler wrote:

> This is a code snippet that is supposed to save some text in a file. The
> code will become part of a larger "local_scan.c" routine.

If you are going to write multiple lines, and you want them to stay
together your file, I hope you have thought about locking.

The duplication is a complete mystery. The code looks unexceptional. Try
getting it to write the process id as well, just to see if it *is* the
same process. Maybe a timestamp too.

Oh, wait, I've spotted the bug:

>      close(fp);

That should be fclose(). Entertaining bug!