Re: [Exim] Attachments and bounce messages

Author: Alan J. Flavell
To: Exim users list
Subject: Re: [Exim] Attachments and bounce messages
On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Philip Hazel wrote:

> ... and when I looked back at my inbox, there was a bounce message from
> some MTA in Brazil, complete with virus in the returned message, just to
> prove my case.

But, with respect, that doesn't _really_ prove your point about what
exim should do - because if it's a genuine bounce, then you're not
going to try reporting it to anyone. You either deliver it, or you
discard it.

The more worrying cases are the quasi-bounces that come disguised as
new mail, with env. senders like Anti-Virus.CSC@??? ,
ANTIGEN_MBSOPPRAPP02@??? , NAVMSE-RIACLS01MAIL@??? ,
exim@??? , postmaster@??? and a hundred
more addresses that applied for fast-track blacklisting status here...

cheers