Re: [Exim] Exim and AIX

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Campo Weijerman
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Υ/ο: De Leeuw Guy
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] Exim and AIX
On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 02:38:59PM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On 3 Sep 2003, De Leeuw Guy wrote:
>
> > I try to compile exim 4.20 under AIX 4.3.3 with ibmcxx 3.6.6 and I
> > obtain this error :
> >
> > ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .pthread_mutex_destroy
>
> That is something to do with threads. Exim does not itself make any use
> of threads. Maybe something it is calling (a DBM library?) does.

That's right. Are you perhaps invoking the compiler by some name
ending in _r? Try whether invoking the compiler from a shell prompt as
'cc' works, then export CC=cc and rerun make.

I'm not sure if I still have an AIX with the 3.6.6 compiler around,
but I tried building exim-4.22 using IBM VisualAge C 6 and that
worked, so I'd say the exim build scripts are basically sane.

The only nit I'm seeing is that the configure script is trying to
find the OS level using the uname command only. On AIX 4.3.3, this
looks like:

# uname -a
AIX guyana 3 4 00C0FBCD4C00

And on AIX 5.1:

# uname -a
AIX hungary 1 5 00C00C8D4C00

This should be parsed as OSname hostname OSrelease OSversion machineID

The machineID is pretty meaningless, but is used by the configure
script, and I end up with a build directory called

exim-4.22/build-AIX-00C0FBCD4C00/

More detailed OS version information is available using oslevel.

Basic usage:

# oslevel
5.1.0.0

To include the maintenance level as well:

# oslevel -r
5100-04

Hth,
--