Re: [Exim] Suffixes passed to LMTP transport (cyrus)?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: mb
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Exim] Suffixes passed to LMTP transport (cyrus)?
On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, mb wrote:

> It's not my department--it's someone else who's trying to mail one of our
> academics, and his department's Exim is blocking it--and their admins take
> your default file as Gospel where they've no need to know otherwise!

Aarrgghh!!

Sigh. These checks were instituted, ISTR, at the behest of various Exim
users who felt that being cautious is a Good Thing. I admit that I was
thinking of incoming rather than outgoing mail - the default config is,
after all, aimed at an "end system", not at a relay.

Anybody else on this list following this thread? Would it be sensible to
change the block on "local part contains /" to "local part begins with /"?

(Not that it will help you, of course. Your relay already has the old
config in place...)