Re: [Exim] removing headers from :fail:ed emails

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: John Jetmore
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] removing headers from :fail:ed emails
On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Philip Hazel wrote:

> Instead of failing, route it to an autoreply transport. There you can
> build your own bounce, and if you specify headers_remove, it will appy
> to the included copy of the message that you return.

Thanks for the suggestion - I've played around with this a bit and see
that it will be a pretty good solution with some tweaking. I imagine
this will be the way to go until the acl_ vars stay into routing.

I do have two more questions in this vein:

1) is there a better way than headers to get information that pertains to
all recipients from local_scan into routing? headers was just the first
thing I thought of.

2) Is there any way to access in routing headers added w/ a type of '*'
in local_scan? It makes sense that there isn't, but if there is it's kind
of a neat solution to my "Make absolutely sure this header never makes it
off the server" mandate.

> I guess I should get on with preserving the ACL variables for routing
> use...

'twould be nice, but lest I seem ungrateful:
<obsuckup>
love you. love your work. love you and your work.
</obsuckup>

=)
--John