[Exim] Wish list: isIPaddress predicate

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: John W. Baxter
To: Exim users list
Betreff: [Exim] Wish list: isIPaddress predicate
With the increased need to verify things, I'm seeing lots of regular
expressions posted here recently whose task is to recognize "IP address" vs
"not IP address".

Wish list item (priority: nice to have, as opposed to must have):

A predicate we could use in the general form

     isIPaddress:<something>
Returning true or false.

The test would be compiled into Exim (and be sensitive to whether or not
IPv6 support is compiled).

Use of something like the above should
    reduce cycles devoted to "is this an IP address?"
    clean up the appearance of such tests in the configuration file

Also...I'm probably missing something obvious, but...is the wish list
visible somewhere (so I can avoid new wishes for things already there)?

--John