Re: [Exim] configuration / variables

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] configuration / variables
Christoph Kliemt wrote:

> Comming

No, "coming". Surprising how many spell this word incorrectly. An
English spelling checker is invaluable.

> from postfix there are a few thing that are not clear to me.

Postfix 2 and Exim 4 do about the same. But the whole mindset is
completely different. You have a steep learning curve ahead of you (I
did it the other way around) :)

> Trying to configure an exim 4.22 i have the following question:
>
> is there a list where i can lookup which predefined variable is
> available ( where and when )?

If you compile your own from the Exim tarball, your best recourse is to
the doc directory. Use spec.txt, NewStuff and filter.txt to search them
with. Load them in your browser. All the Exim docs are gathered in these
3; I have over 75 Postfix docs to search in and couldn't manage without
swish-e to index them.

--Tonni

--
Tony Earnshaw

Looking backwards is always easy with hindsight

http://www.billy.demon.nl
Mail: tonni@???