Re: [Exim] Sample anti-virus/anti-spam configurations

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Walt Reed
Para: Godfrey Hamshire
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Sample anti-virus/anti-spam configurations
On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 11:09:18AM +0200, Godfrey Hamshire said:
> I know I can install spam assassin but it seems most unwanted spam comes
> from forged addresses.
>
> The trouble is clients don't want spamassassin installed as they fear that
> they will loose business related emails. Which makes things difficult/

You can use spamassasin to tag messages too.

On the topic of potentially losing email, if SA is configured to bounce
spammy looking mail, the sender will get the bounce and have to
opportunity to resend it. Couple this with whitelists and you really
shouldn't have a problem.

Of course if they are running some VERY BRAINDEAD mail server like
Exchange, they may not get the reject message you send that could
explain in complete gory detail why their message was rejected. This can
be somewhat mitigated by bouncing the mail AFTER you have received it,
which would allow you to insert your own message directly, bypassing the
MS Exchange filtering. Of course, bouncing mail after reception has other
problems... Sigh.