Re: [Exim] Suffixes passed to LMTP transport (cyrus)?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: mb
CC: Exim Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Exim] Suffixes passed to LMTP transport (cyrus)?
On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, mb wrote:

> This might be useful for +local_domains; however, the default
> configuration is stopping anyone anywhere mailing RFC2822-legal addresses
> such as <mb/whatever@???>.

No, it is not. It is stopping a default Exim configuration from
*receiving* mail to such addresses from remote hosts. I argue that
people who use / in their local parts know what they are doing, and can
adjust their ACL appropriately so that they accept incoming mail that
contains slashes.

> If that is really what is intended, I will grudgingly have to change our
> end. It might be the case that I'm only weirdo in town.

X.400 addresses start with slashes... Did you say "weirdo"? :-)