Re: [Exim] rejecting based on HELO

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: gARetH baBB
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] rejecting based on HELO
On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Billy Harvey wrote:

> the actual IP address doesn't match the stated IP address, I want to
> reject the mail.

That's a bit too far I find - some legit stuff does come through where the
HELO doesn't match the actually delivering address - that said and as some
else has pointed out, there must be virtually nill valid MTAs out there
using a *IP* address based HELO anyway.

I reject HELO I *know* to be invalid, ie. my IP address, several other
linked IP addresses, my domain (no MTA will HELO with just gink.org) etc.
etc.

I also require at least one dot, there have been several rules posted over
the past few weeks - unqualified HELOs I regard as invalid.