Re: [Exim] Logging from embedded perl

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Matthias Waffenschmidt
Para: exim-users
CC: Matthias Waffenschmidt
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Logging from embedded perl
Hi,

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 09:15:20AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Matthias Waffenschmidt wrote:
>
> > But a new problem comes up: How do I get the location of the log file?
> >
> > I have not found an expansion variable containing the log file
> > destination in chapter 11.8.
>
> Nobody has ever wanted one before! However, inventing a variable isn't
> straightforward, because logs can be directed both to files and to
> syslog, and the setting of the log_file_path option controls both. The
> actual file name can also be varied. Exim doesn't figure out a path name
> for the file until it has to open it.

OK, I see the problems with log_file_path...

> > If there really is no such expansion variable, may this be wishlisted?
>
> So this is not at all straight-forward, I'm afraid.
>
> A better approach might be to make the log_write() function available to
> embedded Perl calls, like expand_string() already is.

This would be really great!

> Aha! I see that this is already on the Wish List, in the section
> entitled "Things that didn't make it into Exim 4"...

Oh, I really hope it will make in into Exim 4 some day... I'd really
appreciate having this feature.

Thank you very much for clarification and this really wonderful piece
of software and documentation.

--
Gruss / Best regards   |  LF.net GmbH        |  fon +49 711 90074-411
Matthias Waffenschmidt |  Ruppmannstr. 27    |  fax +49 711 90074-33