Re: [Exim] wildlsearch and aliases

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Arkadiusz Miskiewicz
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] wildlsearch and aliases
On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz wrote:

> I want to have file with wildcards in aliases like:
>
> cvs-*:    root
> system-*:    admin

I'm afraid you can't do that (at least, not directly).

> data = ${lookup{$local_part}wildlsearch{/etc/mail/aliases}}

> But that doesn't work like expected:

The reason is that the "*" feature in Exim is very restricted. It *only*
works as a leading character - a shorthand for "ends with". If you want
fancier patterns, you must use a regular expression. For "begins with",
which is what you have here, you could use

^cvs-      root

Note that

^cvs-.*    root

is the same, but wastes some resources unnecessarily.